Thursday, March 19, 2009

Effective Learning

This is my first experience blogging on blogger.com, but I have a blog on my myspace page. I wrote about my pregnancy with my daughter when I lived in Tallahassee so my family in Oklahoma would know what was going on in my life and with the new baby. I don't know if I would be a good blogger. I am the kind of person who starts a journal and writes in it for 3 days and then gets busy and forgets about it. I would like to keep some kind of journal about my daughter though, so maybe blogging would be a good way to do that. She's 15 months old now and I don't want to forget about all the amazing stuff she does.

The hardest thing for me of the 7 1/2 habits is to view problems as challenges. I just don't think of problems as challenges to learn from - I think of them as problems to be solved. Maybe later I might think I learned something from a challenge, but not at the time of the problem.

The easiest thing is the first step, begin with a goal. I have lots of goals. I love to make goals. But the problem is following through! I get excited about something and decide I will learn to scrapbook or make jewelry or create a budget and I will read all about it and buy supplies and do it for about 2 weeks and then I get busy and lose interest. Hmmm, seems like I need to work on completing my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment