Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finding RSS Feeds

I'm still not really finding RSS feeds I find interesting, and I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm boring. The 4 methods of finding feeds were all very different. I thought the bloglines search engine gave too many results, most of which were not really what I was looking for. The Syndic8 was better at finding things by topic. The Topix.net I liked because it let me sign up for an RSS feed of stories by location, so I could have a feed of Tulsa news stories. The Technorati was the most comprehensive in terms of having lots of different topics to browse, but I didn't get anywhere with the search function. I need a search function like the Amazon "If you liked this feed, try these five feeds" or "customers who subscribed to this feed also viewed these feeds." This would be more helpful to me in exploring more feeds I would find interesting. I think it's all pretty confusing, and I bet I'm missing out on some really cool blogs. Hmm, I seem to be a little pessimistic about all this today!

No comments:

Post a Comment