Thursday, March 19, 2009

Technology

I am thinking about technology in general and how I feel about the changes occuring with the web and web 2.0. On one hand, I find it really cool and exciting. I use myspace and facebook and post my pictures online for family and friends. I have a youtube page. I can usually help a customer when they run into a problem with the computer. My favorite web site right now is mint.com. I am obsessed with financial stuff, especially my financial stuff. Mint.com tracks my spending, investments, budget, savings accounts - even what my house is worth! I love it and I am very addicted to it. I know that is kind of weird, but to me it's a good example of one of the things I love about technology.

Here's what I don't like - I feel like I can't keep up with all the new stuff! I want to know how to use twitter and rss feeds and mashups and whatever other cool things are availble but I don't always have time to learn every new technology that comes along. So I am glad we are doing the 23 things (even though I am just now finding time to catch up - have you guys ever been to the Owasso library? I have never worked in such a busy place!) because it gives me a chance to learn some new things. But, in the future - how can I keep up with all of this new stuff???

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mint.com info! My daughter is also obsessed with her financial stuff, 401K, stocks, etc., so I was happy to pass this on to her.

    ReplyDelete